I think I’ve been getting a couple of hits because of this search term and maybe it’s time I post something that’s really helpful to the commuter or traveler. I don’t think that the map I posted isn’t really that helpful either because it wasn’t meant to be a road map. Maybe I’ll find time to create something like a compilation of road maps for the town someday. In the mean time, let me give some general directions on how to reach the town.
If by private vehicle:
- From the South (e.g. Manila), take San Simon Exit on NLEX and make a left, crossing the bridge, immediately after.
- Make a right turn at the T junction and head North along MacArthur Hi-way. The first barangay you will encounter after passing Minalin would be Balangcas.
- If heading for Poblacion, Sto. Niño (Sapa), San Bartolome, or San Vicente, make a left at the intersection of Rizal Street and MacArthur Hi-way. Landmark would be San Matias Parish Church.
- From the North (e.g. Tarlac), take San Fernando Exit on NLEX and turn right to Jose Abad Santos Avenue or JASA (formerly Olongapo-Gapan Road) and head West.
- At the intersection of JASA and MacArthur Hi-way, make a left turn towards Poblacion beneath the fly-over.
- Make a left where the road forks at a monument (I don’t know what it’s really called but just take the left-side road where you see a rotund-like area. :D)
- Go straight until you encounter the Welcome/Thank You arch of City of San Fernando. First barangay you will encounter is Moras dela Paz/San Matias.
- If headed for Poblacion, Sto. Niño (Sapa), San Bartolome, or San Vicente, make a right at the intersection of Mac Arthur Hi-way and Rizal Street. Landmark is San Matias Parish Church.
- From the South, take jeepney from Apalit/Malolos to San Fernando (Poblacion).
- If headed for Poblacion, Sto. Niño, San Bartolome, or San Vicente, get off at MacArthur Hi-way and Rizal Street intersection. Take tricycle near the San Matias Parish Church or wait for Sto. Tomas jeepney to pass in front of church.
- From the North, take jeepney to San Fernando (Poblacion).
- At city center, walk along Gen. Hizon extension and cross Baluyut Bridge heading South.
- Turn left immediately and walk ~50 meters towards Jeepney Terminal.
- Take jeepney going to Sto. Tomas, San Matias, or Sapa depending on your destination.
Of course, I did not include fares because these will change.
And as an added bonus, here’s an embedded map of the general area. Thank you Google Maps!